Sunday, March 06, 2005

Improvement on Zoloft, 50, after a month

It's been about five weeks since I switched from Celexa to Zoloft, and about five days ago, I felt noticably better. It felt like my sinuses cleared up. I mean that as a comparison not literally. It felt like my brain cleared up. It felt like an anti-depressant commercial where clouds move apart and sunshine pours in. The Celexa, if I recall correctly, took about two weeks to kick in and then I was so blissfully happy I didn't know what to do with myself. I was also a bit manic, an effect I happily don't get from Zoloft. I have been sleeping incredibly well. I think that the Zoloft works really well for my anxiety and thus for my sleep. I've been writing a lot on my other blogs and generally feeling relaxed. The zombie feeling has dissipated. It's interesting how side-effects seem to frequently go away after a few weeks (or somewhat longer) of adjusting to an anti-depressant. The comments from my last post were soooo helpful to me...

Debra: Thanks for recommending the name brand instead of the generic. I had noticed a difference in the Celexa when the generic came out and I started getting it. I felt worse on the generic. I switched five days ago (another confounding variable) to the name brand of Zoloft and feel much better about it.

Kerry: Love hearing about other people's meds, cat issues, and good point about trying the same meds as family members. My mom takes Effexor and likes it better than Zoloft, though I have no need to switch--but it's good to know.

Gigi: Thanks so much for talking about the zombie feeling leveling out. It's good to know that at a higher dosage that feeling still levels out.

EJ: That's interesting about the Wellbutrin giving you sleep problems because another friend told me that Wellbutrin helps her with sleep. I hope it gets better.

Leslie: If Zoloft causes me problems, Lexapro is a drug I think about. It is thought to be a "cleaner" version of Celexa (Celexa without the side effects).

Michelle: Thanks for lots of great advice: the idea of coming off "overdrive" being a big stressor (LLE, thanks too), kids, calcium etc. Very helpful.

Nurse: Thanks for the calcium advice. I appreciate you taking the time to explain it all.

4 Comments:

At Monday, March 07, 2005 11:16:00 AM, Blogger selfseeker said...

Hi,
I love your blog. I am also a Jewish (possibly femme), panic,anxiety sufferer. I live in redneckville, New Jersey, really !! I am on 37.5 mg paxil cr per day. It works pretty well for anxiety, but the depression is always looming. I've been on several other meds. I too, have a Dr. gorgeous. I wish you luck with your meds and other coping mechanisms. I'm 55 (suffered since the age of 10), and still have a sense of humor. Feel free to e-mail me anytime. foobie@comcast.net
blogsite: slightlywarped.blogspot.com

 
At Tuesday, March 08, 2005 12:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great!! (maybe it was the eucalyptus)..B

 
At Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:06:00 PM, Blogger sk8rn said...

I am so very happy to hear that you are happy. I can't tell you how much it warmed my heart to hear your clouds have parted and given way to sunshine!

 
At Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm someone who found your blog through other blog links. I too am on Zoloft at the same dosage. I've been on it for just over 5 weeks now. I just thought I would mention that for me it has pretty much eliminated my "down" feelings, which is a very good thing. Unfortunately my other symptoms are still here - things like inability to concentrate, lack of energy/motivation, social withdrawl. I'm going to a pdoc soon hopefully and I will probably end up having another med combined with the Zoloft.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home